Welcome to Ads EZ
Your Own Ad Server
Welcome to Ads EZ Ad Server
Your Personal Ad Server.
Ads EZ is a clever program to serve your ads to multiple web sites. It can work as standalone web application or as a WordPress plugin. Using Ads EZ, you can centralize your banner ads in one location, and use simple shortcodes to place them on your blog pages, or generate invocation codes to place them on any other web sites or blogs. In the Pro version, you can even serve HTML ads with the same shortcode and invocation code mechanism.
Do you have multiple websites which you monetize using advertising? If so, this personal ad server may be the right tool for you. Ads EZ makes it easy for you to set up an optimized ad server that can service your websites. Aiming at simplicity, Ads EZ does away with all the complicated zone and expiry settings. All you have to do is to collect your banners in a folder, upload them and specify their targets using a simple and intuitive interface.
- Fully Automated Setup: Ads EZ gets you started within two minutes, rather than hours and days.
- Modern Admin Interface: Ads EZ sports a modern and beautiful admin interface based on the twitter bootstrap framework. Fully responsive, with editable tables to set up and modify your ads.
- Admin Interface Tour: A slick tour will take you around the admin page and familiarize you with its features.
- Generous Help for Admin: Whenever you need help, the information and hint is only a click away in Ads EZ. (In fact, it is only a mouseover away.)
- No Coding Required: Ads EZ is written for creative people who have some ads in the form of banners or ad codes. So it doesn't call for any deep computing knowledge. The most you will have to do is perhaps to cut and paste some ad code.
- Batch Processing: Ads EZ makes it a cinch to get your existing banners into your database through an intuitive batch processing.
- Memory Caching: Ads EZ uses memory caching where available so that the database access is minimized. Caching can tremendously improve performance of busy sites.
- Robust Security: Unbreakable authentication (using hash and salt), impervious to SQL injection etc.
- Data Validation: Client-side and server-side data validation to minimize data errors.
- WordPress Integration: Ads EZ comes with built-in WordPress integration. It works as a WordPress plugin if uploaded to the
wp-content/pluginsfolder of your blog. What's more, you can switch to the standalone mode from the WordPress plugin admin page of this application, while still using the WordPress authentication mechanism and database.
If the following features are important to you, consider buying the Pro version.
- Cache Visualization and Management: You can see detailed cache statics in the Pro version, and options to set the cache expiry, and to manually clear it, if needed.
- CDN Support: Put your static files, such as your banners, on a Content Delivery Network (CDN) for improved performance.
- In-Browser Banner Uploads: The Pro version lets you upload multiple banners and enter their meta data. In the lite version, you would upload the banners to your server and run a batch to do it.
- Statistics and Charts: The Pro version can optionally collect statistics about your ad serving and present you with detailed performance reports and charts including geolocation.
- Category Management: In the Pro version, you can have as many ad categories as you want. The lite version comes with three categories, and adding more would require direct database manipulation.
- OpenX/Revive Replacement: Ads EZ is designed to be drop-in replacement for OpenX/Revive ad server. In the Pro, you can generate the
.htaccessdirectives that will make your Ads EZ app look like your OpenX server to the world.
Installing the package is simple
- First, upload the contents of the zip archive you downloaded or purchased to your server. (Given that you are reading this page, you have probably already completed this step.)
- Launch the installer by visiting the admin interface using your web browser.
- Enter the DB details and set up and Admin account in a couple of minutes and you are done with the installation!
Note that in the second step, your web server will try to create a configuration file where you uploaded the
ads-ez package. If it cannot do that because of permission issues, you will have to create an empty file
dbCfg.php and make it writeable. Don't worry, the setup will prompt you for it with detailed instructions.
To get started with Ad Serving
- Upload your banners to the banners folder on your server
- Hit the Batch Process menu item to provide banner data.
- Get the invocation codes and place them on your websites to start serving ads.
Upgrading to Pro
If you would like to have the Pro features, purchase the Pro version for $15.95. You will get an instant download link, and painless upgrade path with all your banners and metadata saved, including your admin credentials.